Thursday, December 4, 2008

FanDi in IJN

Went to IJN (Institute Jantung Negara) yesterday... Had a series of check up n consultation... The conclusion the "great" cardiology consultant came to was... "Ok, u got palpitation..." FYI, dat decision was made 5min after i entered his room... Fuiyo, sounds pro huh? Well... Let's c if i can recall our conversation... Hmmm...

Doc: So, tell me how did u feel...
Me: Heart beatin fast, shortness of breath, felt a little nervous, which i got no idea y n bla bla bla...
Doc: When was the first time?
Me: Er... Dunno... Ask my dad, he has the record...
Doc: How often does it occur?
Me: ......... *Turned n looked at my dad
Doc: Ok, u got palpitation...
Me: Hmmmmmm......

Dat was 5mins... The next 10mins (at least it's a bit longer this time), he told me wat i need 2 do...

Doc: Ok, I'll put u thru a prosedure, EP...
Me: Oh ok... Wat's EP all about??
Doc: We'll put a wire from ur thigh n connect it 2 your heart, n we'll check if there's any extra wire in your heart... If there's we'll just kill it off...
Me: ......... *Ok... Your language's simple enuf...
Dad: Is there any risks?
Doc: Yeah, everytink has risks... (Me: ......... *KaBoOMm..!! za dao) The risks is only 1%... (Me: ......... *Shit!! wat if i'm the 1 in hundred?!)
--- A moment of silence ---
Doc: Ok, u dun need 2 make a decision now... I'll just put u on the list n if u decide not to, call my nurse 2 cancel the session...
Dad & I: Ok... Thank you, doc...

Dat's basically all i had with the doctor... Then, went to the next counter, Counter 52, i remember.. Lol... Passed my file 2 the receptionist n waited 4 my turn... While waiting, read sumtink pleasant on The Sun...

Yes, everybody!! Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be joining Real Madrid with a €20 million transfer!! Another young talent, cool signing... Hooray..!!

Neway, back to the topic... Er... Aft another 45min, i think... My name was finally called... A guy led me to a room, a dark 1 summore... He asked me 2 take off my shirt n lie down... I was a little nervous coz dat was my first time, u no... Then the guy got sum gel on his hand, n his hand started runnin all over my left chest, spreadin the gel evenly... Right after that, he took out a long, cylindrical, dildo-like piece of plastic n started pokin my chest... Dat moment, I was hit by continuous waves of pleasure... Hahahaha.... Coz i actually get to see the structure of my heart on the screen n it was beating le... Damn "cio" le... Lol... Dat was actually echocardiogram la... Same tech used when getting image of foetus in the womb...

Next, went 2 another room n got a piece of polymer crap, wit only 2 buttons on it... They call it rhythm card.. I'll hav to record my heart rate if palpitation happens again in the coming 2weeks... The man there gave instructions n i left... Last stop was the lab where i gave them my blood sample... The only thing interesting there was the medical assistant there... "Mak" was her name... When she asked to sit down, i was like... "Yes, Mom..." Haha...

After all that, settled the bill n ciaoz...

P.S. The lady at the reception was kinda pretty ler... Lol... Till now, i'm still wondering why she kept lookin at me, instead while answering my dad's question... Perhaps, i'm just too charmin dat she couldnt get her eyes off me... Wakaka...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is palpitation??? I am no medicine student and lazy to check. So so so, sounds scary berry lah that procedure you described with the thigh and wire thingy..

Fan Di said...

Er... It's just irregular heart beat... Technically, it's more a nuisance than life threatening condition... So, hav no worries... Lol...